HND Business BTEC Higher National Diploma s designed to give you the skills for a particular field of work; they can lead straight to a career. You can also use the qualifications to progress within your current career, for example as a stepping stone to gaining professional status.
This HND Business course offers a broad based introduction to Business and a specialist field of marketing. The HND Business course is delivered through lectures and tutorials. Assessment includes assignments, case studies, projects and presentations.
This pathway will cover an analysis of the impact of the external operating environment and the need to plan organisational strategies to ensure effective business performance, together with an introduction to the techniques and methods of research. The ways in which finance is managed within a business organisation will be considered, the different sources of finance evaluated and the use of financial information to make decisions studied. The internal nature of organisations from both a theoretical and practical viewpoint will be considered and it is intended to develop an understanding of the behaviour of people within organisations and the significance of organisational design and characteristics.
The objectives of organisations and the influence of stakeholders are included as is the operation of organisations in relation to the local, national and global environment.
Also included is an introduction to the fundamental concepts and principles that underpin the marketing process, examine the role and practice of marketing within the changing business environment and include a concise and contemporary overview of marketing, together with the knowledge and skills to underpin further study in the specialist field of marketing.
Employability and Professional Recognition
BTEC Edexcel qualifications are highly valued by employers both in the UK and overseas, and can also count towards membership of professional bodies and other employer organisations.
Successful completion of the HND Business will allow entry on to the one year top-up BA (Hons) in Business Management degree accepted by most of the UK universities.
Year one Semester 1
– Business Environment (L4)
– Managing Financial Resources & Decisions (L4)
– Organisations and Behaviour (L4) Semester 2
– Marketing Principles (L4)
– Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business (L4)
– Business Decision Making (L5) Semester 3
– Business Strategy (L5)
– Marketing Planning (L5) Year Two Semester 1
– Human Resource Management (L5)
– Advertising and Promotion in Business (L4)
– Working With and Leading People (L5) Semester 2
– Operations Management in Business (L5)
– Managing Communication, Knowledge and information (L4)
– Personal and Professional Development (L5) Semester 3
– Business Ethics (L5)
– Research Project (L5)
– A BTEC level 3 qualification in an appropriate area
– All Level 3 qualifications welcome
– An Access to Higher Education Diploma
– An equivalent foreign qualification
– We welcome qualifications from around the world
Applicants without formal qualifications
Even if you do not have any of the qualifications listed above, we would still be pleased to hear from you. We welcome applications from students with work or other experience and we will carry out our own assessment of your eligibility.