ABI College offers a Master’s Degree MA in Leadership and Management in partnership with University of Plymouth Marjon University. This qualification has global recognition and will enhance the CV of anyone wishing to advance their career in Business, Management, Public Service, Finance, Commerce and related professions where high quality leadership skills are essential.
MA Leadership and Management course is centred on an ethos that successful management is based on people and throughout the course the students are encouraged to develop self awareness and reflection about themselves and their teams. With this core principle in mind the course explores how strategic thinking can be influenced and then implemented into effective change in a variety of areas including finance, human resource management and operations management.
This Leadership and Management programme is intended for practising professionals who are either working or have aspirations to work in a developmental way as a manager or leader. It is equally relevant to those working in public, private or voluntary organisations. The programme will involve workshops, action-learning sets, work-based action research and one-to-one coaching and mentoring in order to integrate theory and professional practice, critical thought and self awareness.
The part time route has been designed in such a way as to allow students, to study at their own pace through the various progressive stages of the MA, i.e. Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Management (60 M credits), Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership and Management (120 M credits) and MA in Leadership and Management (180 M credits). This is particularly suitable for employed students who wish to balance their professional responsibilities with advanced study that will enhance their career prospects.
• Managing in a Strategic Context
• Managing and Leading People
• Leadership: Organisational Context and Self
• Delivering Excellence in Operations
• Sustainable Financial Management
• Research Methods
• Management Research Report and Implementation Plan (for full time students includes a 4 week internship opportunity)
Types of assessment
Variety of coursework and projects
• A first degree and/or professional qualifications at level 6 or higher with work experience
• Applicants are expected to be in suitable employment
• Exemptions for those holding level 7 awards in management from Edexcel