Terms and Conditions and College Regulations
Students must agree to abide by all ABI College regulations and policies and be aware of the Student Code of Commitment. These are included in the Student Handbook, displayed on the College’s website at https://www.ABICollege.ac.uk, and made available to students as required. They may be updated from time to time.
A full list of documents containing ABI College’s relevant regulations and policies is included below, but in particular students must:
- follow all College procedures for submission of work and deadlines
- abide by the College protocols on academic standards and the avoidance of ‘unfair practice’ including plagiarism
- respect all College property, equipment and learning resources
- fulfil all financial obligations to the College as detailed below in Financial Regulations, Refunds and Transfers
- respect the College’s attendance requirements and be aware that failure to do so may have serious implications, including the requirement to retake elements of the course and pay the associated charges.
College Rights and Responsibilities
- The College will adhere to and implement good practice in applying its regulations, and meet its responsibilities as defined by all relevant external accrediting and awarding bodies/organisations and as detailed in the College Statement of Commitment to its students, which can be found in the Student Handbook.
- The College reserves the right to assess applications and to offer admission or reject applications as it deems appropriate, in line with course entry requirements and best practice among educational institutions.
- The College reserves the right to alter dates, fees and any particulars in published materials (in prospectus, brochures, or on the website) without prior notice. Equally, the College reserves the right to vary, amend or introduce regulations, terms, policies and procedures without prior notice, within reason. This does not affect the statutory rights of students, as indicated below.
- The College accepts no legal liability in the case of accidents, illness, loss or damage to personal effects or mail, or for any damages or accidents caused through negligence or otherwise of a third party.
- The College reserves the right to contract any third party to provide services, including enforcing any terms of this agreement, and to store and share with any parties as appropriate, students’ personal information, subject to the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 2010.
- The College reserves the right to conduct and provide its services from premises within reasonable commuting distance of its current campus.
- The College reserves the right to initiate the recovery of all outstanding fees or College property from its students, and action to achieve this may include legal action as appropriate.
- The College reserves the right to change a student’s fee status classification in the light of changes in relevant UK legislation, or where the student has withheld relevant information.
- The College reserves the right to make special arrangements to cover exceptional/extenuating circumstances, at the discretion of the College.
Financial Regulations, Refunds and Transfers
A full list of documents containing ABI College’s relevant regulations and policies is included below, but the main points are summarised here.
UK/EU Students and ordinary residents
- Students must pay the full tuition fee to enrol for a specific course, or provide evidence that they are in receipt of a Student Loan to cover their course fees.
- Course fees for self-financed students may be paid by instalments by agreement with the College.
- The College reserves the right to make the following charges, at the rates detailed in College regulations as updated from time to time.
- Instalment payment administrative charges
- Administrative charges for costs of dealing with missing payments, such as dishonoured cheques
- Administrative charges for refunds
- Transfer charges for students who defer their studies to a later session of their course or to another course starting at a later session
- Late submission charges, assessment re-takes and any other such charges.
- Students are entitled under the terms of this agreement to a full refund of all tuition fees paid should the College be unable to offer an advertised course on the advertised start date, or within a reasonable period thereafter.
- If a student withdraws from a course prior to completion, any refunds for tuition will be made in line with ABI College’s Fee and Refund Policy.
- Students are expected to attend the course they enrolled for from the start date applied for and of which they have been notified. Students may transfer to a different course, at the discretion of the College. In such cases, a transfer charge is normally chargeable, in accordance with the College’s Fee and Refund Policy.
- The College reserves the right to exclude permanently any student who commits gross misconduct or a serious breach of College regulations. If such action is taken, the student will forfeit all fees or other payments made to the College.
Students are financially liable for any damage that they may cause to ABI College property or equipment.
ABI College QA Documents
The ABI College Regulations and Policies which relate to students can be found in the following documents:
- Student Handbook
- Students Complaints Procedures
- Plagiarism and Unfair Practice Policy
- Examination Entry and Assignment Submission Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Research Ethics Guidelines
- IT Policy for Students
- Pastoral Care Policy
- Schedule of Fees and Charges
- Fee and Refund Policy